It is no secret that SEO plays a significant role in today’s digital marketing world and gives brands the online visibility they need. But, at what cost? How much can a person or business expect to pay for SEO services or solutions?
A quick search indicates that about 500 people enter the query “how much does SEO cost” every month on an average on Google alone. The question seems to have caused some degree of confusion for those seeking answers and those providing them. The main reason for this confusion is that there is no straightforward answer to the question. SEO pricing considers various factors.
Factors that affect the cost of SEO services
Numerous factors influence the price of SEO services. These include:
- The service provider: Various SEO service providers have different pricing structures in place. That means you’ll have to take the time to research and compare your options before settling with a service provider.
- The number of pages: The number of new pages created and optimized will directly impact SEO. That means the more pages you want to rank highly, the more you can expect to pay.
- Location: The geographical location of your business and the number of local businesses or companies it competes with can affect how much your SEO will cost. Also, the number of locations you have may have an impact.
- Your current ranking: Your page’s current organic ranking can also affect how much you can expect to pay. It may be easier to maintain a high organic ranking than to achieve one.
- The current technical state of your website: Like your online pages, if your website’s current ranking is very low, you might expect to pay more than a website that already has a comparatively shorter way to rank highly.
- Link acquisition: Google is constantly updating its algorithm, but backlinks remain crucial as one of the main things Google uses to rank pages for specific searches or queries. The higher the backlink quality leading to your website, the more you may have to pay.
- Time: The amount of time it takes to optimize pages or create pages that rank highly can directly affect your SEO service costs. As they say, time is money.
How much can you expect to pay for SEO?
Some SEO service providers offer unique packages or, at least, tailor specific services to meet the individual or particular needs of the customer. That means sitting down with the client to discuss what unique solutions they need and even how much to pay.
So, how much can you expect to pay for SEO? A straightforward answer is that SEO costs range anywhere from $50 to about $250 per hour. But again, this will depend on the type of SEO agency you hire. Some agencies may charge you less than $50 or more than $250, but you need to be sure that you’re getting value for the latter or working with a competent agency for the former.