SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is the procedure of getting visitors or traffic from the organic, free, natural and editorial search results on search engines. All search engines like as Google, Yahoo, and Bing have primary search results, where web content and pages like articles, local listings, videos or photos are shown and ranked based on what the Google and other search engines considers most relevant to users.
As an internet marketing strategy SEO considers what people search for, how search engines work, keywords typed into search engines or the actual search terms and which search engines are chosen by their targeted audience. I would like to say that optimizing a website may involve editing its HTML, content and associated coding to both to remove barriers to the indexing activities and increase its relevance to particular keywords of search engines. It is clear that promoting a website to increase the number of inbound links or backlinks is another SEO technique. In the mid-1990s, content providers and webmasters began optimizing sites for search engines, as the first search engines were classification the early web.
Most important things to know
I would like to say one of the most significant things about SEO that is search engine optimization starts before the website. Choosing best web hosting and the domain name is also a part of SEO. You should keep in mind both on-page SEO components and off-page SEO components.
SEO on-page components include:
- Domain name and the website design
- Navigation of the site and page layout
- Site title and description
- Meta tags
- Post or article titles, Post descriptions, permalinks
- Article writing, paragraphs, using headings
- Keywords, Keyword density
- Optimizing videos or images
- Inbound and internal links
SEO off-page components include:
- Submitting site to search engines
- Submitting site to blog directories
- Submitting sitemaps to search engines
- Using social media marketing tools
- Google and Bing webmaster tools
- Social bookmarking
- Creating quality backlinks for your site
- Google analytic tools